No Interest Loan Scheme
and Financial Management Program
No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS)
Helping people improve the quality of
life, a hand up not a hand out.
The Port Douglas Neighbourhood Centre No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS)
provides individuals and families on low incomes an opportunity to apply
for an interest free loan to purchase essential household items.
- Be in receipt of a Centrelink payment, or hold a Centrelink Health
- Have resided at their current address for at least 6 months
- Live within the Douglas community
- Be seeking a loan for an essential household item
- Have the financial capacity to repay the loan
(We will also consider loans for essential educational expenses and
health needs, or in limited cases for car repairs).
The NILS co-ordinator is available each Friday between 9am to 4pm, by
appointment only, at the Port Douglas Neighbourhood Centre.
NILS OUTREACH PROGRAM the NILS co-ordinator is available every 2nd
Wednesday, by appointment only, at the Mossman Community Centre.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
- Emergency Relief
- Material Aid
- Financial Literacy Education e.g. budget planning, managing money
Please phone 4099 5518 to make an appointment with the Financial
co-ordinator at the Port Douglas Neighbourhood Centre.
The No Interest Loan Scheme is proudly funded by The Australia